An Annotated Bibliography is a summary or evaluation of sources. The summary typically contains a discussion on the point of the book or article, an evaluation of the source, and finally a reflection.
Swamped with your writing assignments? We'll take the academic weight off your shoulders. We complete all our papers from scratch. You can get a plagiarism report upon request just to confirm.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
An Annotated Bibliography is a summary or evaluation of sources. The summary typically contains a discussion on the point of the book or article, an evaluation of the source, and finally a reflection. For this assignment, you will create an annotated bibliography of 6 research articles from peer-reviewed or scholarly sources that relate to your topic as defined in the Unit 1 assignment. The topic is (Correlation between Extracurricular Activities and Academic Performance). You will be able to use this assignment to write your literature review which is due at the end of this Unit.
To get started on this assignment first read Chapter 2: Types of Sources, Chapter 5: Search Tools, Chapter 6: Evaluating Sources, and Chapter 8: How to Cite Sources from your Citing Sources (2020) textbook. As you read through the chapters, be sure to view the embedded video clips within the chapters. For a sample of an Annotated Bibliography refer to the Purdue Online Writing Lab (n.d.) Annotated Bibliography Samples. Be sure to scroll down to the APA example.
Next, (if you have access) watch the optional video from UWlibraries which will provide you an explanation and examples of what a scholarly article includes.
Note: there are two parts to this assignment.
Part One: Conduct a scholarly search for 6 peer-reviewed or scholarly sources based on your chosen topic from Unit 1.
Part Two: Create an Annotated Bibliography (should be in list format) of 6 sources related to your topic from Unit 1. Your Annotated Bibliography should include:
1. The full APA citation for the source including the web link.
2. In one paragraph, for each source
- Discuss the point or main thesis of the source.
- Evaluate the source for reliability and how it compares to other sources in your Annotated Bibliography.
- Analyze the source for its relevance to your study.
Your Discussion should be a minimum of 250 words in length and not more than 450 words. Please include a word count. Following the APA standard, use references and in-text citations for the textbook and any other sources.
Choosing & Using Sources: A guide to academic research. (2020). Teaching & Learning, University Libraries. https://ohiostate.pressbooks.pub/choosingsources/
Purdue OWL Online Writing Lab. (n.d.). Annotated bibliography examples. Purdue OWL Online Writing Lab. https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/general_writing/common_writing_assignments/annotated_bibliographies/annotated_bibliography_samples.html
Choosing & Using Sources: A guide to academic research. (2020). Teaching & Learning, University Libraries. https://ohiostate.pressbooks.pub/choosingsources/2. Pubrica Academy. (2019, August 8). Why is it important to do a literature review in research? https://pubrica.com/academy/research/why-is-it-important-to-do-a-literature-review-in-research/ 3.Purdue OWL Online Writing Lab. (n.d.). Annotated bibliography examples. Purdue OWL Online Writing Lab. https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/general_writing/common_writing_assignments/annotated_bibliographies/annotated_bibliography_samples.html 4. Purdue OWL Online Writing Lab. (n.d.). Writing a literature review. Purdue OWL Online Writing Lab. https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/conducting_research/writing_a_literature_review.html
1. Taylor, D. (28, June 2010). Writing the literature review (part one): Step by step tutorial for graduate students [Video]. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IUZWZX4OGI (5:21)
2. Taylor, D. (28, June 2010). Writing the literature review (part two): Step by step tutorial for graduate students [Video]. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoYpyY9n9YQ (7:40)
- This is a two-part series of videos that will explain how to write your literary review.
3. University of Washington Libraries. (2011, July 19). What is a scholarly journal article? [Video]. YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuyCJnv3auk (2:55)
- This video gives you a specific explanation and examples of what scholarly articles include and shows you how to locate them.
We offer CUSTOM-WRITTEN, CONFIDENTIAL, ORIGINAL, and PRIVATE writing services. Kindly click on the ORDER NOW button to receive an A++ paper from our masters- and PhD writers.
Get a 10% discount on your order using the following coupon code SAVE10
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper