A. Policy Paper
**Use this format
- Double-spaced, typed in standard font, using references
- 4-5 pages in length
- References:At least 3 sources using sources from handouts, syllabus, blackboard, or quality materials from other classes or your own research
**Use footnotes or in text references with a bibliography
Respond to 1 (one) of the following questions.
Whichever question you choose, your response must include the consideration of:
1. A specific example of a social policy or practice (broadly defined, see above) that you have read about in this or another class, or that you have experience with personally, or knowledge of through your family or work
2. Intersectional divisions & inequalities of race, ethnicity, gender, class, ability, sexuality, nativity (country of origin) and other differences.
- What is ‘political economy’?
- How does a focus on the political economy of social policies help us understand their development, organization, and outcomes?
- How does it help us identify strategies for making change?