Please answer only one of the two questions below.
Can you identify and describe a Mexican, Central America, Caribbean (Cuba, Haiti, DR, Puerto Rico) or Latin American dish and explain how its history or development was influenced by the history of colonization, slavery, cultural hybridity, or resistance?
- What are the historical and cultural origins of the ingredients of your example?
Can you identify an Americanized-version of a traditional Mexican, Central America, Caribbean (Cuba, Haiti, DR, Puerto Rico) or Latin American dish, and explain the history of the actual original cuisine?
- What processed ingredients make the American version problematic?
For either choice:
- Make sure you explore and explain the original ethnic and/or indigenous roots of your example.
- Make sure you properly cite any sources you use to explain your answer to avoid plagiarism.
- Include a photograph of the dish or cuisine you are discussing with your post.