1. Read: Discussion Background
Childhood vaccine hesitancy can be a challenge for pediatricians. Many parents decline vaccines due to religion, health concerns, or other personal convictions. Regardless of your own beliefs, it may be necessary in your future healthcare career to convince patients to take actions with which you do not agree.
Read the attached article about childhood vaccines and identify the writing strategies (ethos, pathos, and/or logos) the author uses to convince parents to vaccinate their children.
2. Initial Post: Create a new thread and answer all three parts of the initial prompt below.
For your initial post, answer all the prompts in Step 2. (Due Wednesday). Use complete sentences to answer each prompt. Refer to the discussion rubric grading criteria expectations.
- Identify two (2) different writing strategies (ethos, pathos, or logos) the author uses to persuade the audience in this article AND provide a quotation from the article as an example of each.
- Discuss what the author could do to make this article more convincing to the reader.
- Discuss which writing strategy or combination of strategies (ethos, pathos, and/or logos) you would use to persuade a hesitant patient to follow a doctor’s treatment plan.